Sunday 17 March 2013

Gosh, I really miss this.

I miss writing. And I miss a whole month of February NOT writing anything in my blog. Honestly, I didn't even write in my journals. Not in any of them (I have 3, by the way). Lame!

Source: http://www.brianevansjones.com

Ever since I took up a job as manager at my friend's music school, I hardly have time to do anything else but work. My mum is super happy because I can now wake up at 5 every day. My office hour is from 8-13 from Monday to Friday, and then I rush back home to start teaching at 2 pm. After 6 pm I have dinner and then work on my personal projects until my brain screams "sleep!!!" and then I doze off. There's no time and energy to do anything else. I have 6 books by the bed which I've bought but haven't read, and every day I look at them in dismay. The only time I have to read now is on weekends, and many times they have to compete with either movie or sleep, so I'm guessing they won't dissappear anytime soon. 

But anyway, I'm loving the current situation because it really teaches me to be effective and efficient in managing my time. Everything I do has purpose and benefit now, even if it's just laying around in front of the telly. And I know one day this will be useful. Also, I learn to appreciate the little time I have in between tasks and duties and cherish them. Every Tuesday I have about 2 hours to spend before I teach, and I go visit my grandmama and talk to her. Now it's our ritual, and I love it.

But the best thing about all of this is that I'm getting to know more people and making more connections. And it's always the most interesting part of my work. You get so many things from observing people and their relationships with other people. When I'm not too busy, I'll share them here.

But at the moment, I gotta go to bed. Meeting tomorrow at 8!