Friday 26 February 2010

Happy New Year!

What's with the change of year that's so special?

I think the fact that new things always bring new hopes is what make new year such a fabulous happening (although no one in my family celebrate that anymore). New year is somehow like a new blank paper we can write on, like a fresh new t-shirt you put on after you take a long bath, like the quiet, clean and peaceful air after a big storm. It's a spirit-and-mind lifter for us by knowing that there'll be good stuffs await us in the upcoming days.

I spent my new year's eve skimming my teenage diaries and found that I always made resolutions for the new year. Some of them were carried out, some became only writings on paper. I didn't do this anymore and instead focusing on being grateful for what God has given me.

I must say that I felt very blessed last year with everything that has happened to me, good or bad. But I also know that I will be even more blessed this year, so when the first day began I didn't thank only for every wish granted, but also for things that are in store for me in 2010. Allan Chalmers said that the "grand essentials of happiness is something to do, something to love, and something to hope for." I know that this year is going to be my year because I have all of these.

Happy New Year, dear friends and readers, may your path be filled with love and that whatever we'll experience during this journey will make us a better person at the end of the year.