Sunday 25 September 2011

Then God Made Sundays...

Another event checked last night. I was organising the second "Music Day", a community concert for young local musicians and for the past week the life on stage of 80+ young musicians were in my hands. On Friday night, just before bed, I had anticipated Saturday with a certain amount of apprehension. Taking care that many people is already something, yet my stupid brain was able to convince me that I need to play as well in that concert because my students will be there and I would like them to set them an example. So, as always, I bit more than I can chew. 

And then I looked at my schedule for the next few months and realized that I will have to start making daily to-do-list so I will have everything ready on time. 

I can't seem stop nor slow down. 

At the end of the camp (i.e. July) I said to myself that the next season would be sabbatical and I will do only one event a month. But if you do everything yourself, one event is still a bit too much, considering that in between them you still have to teach and practice and read and translate books and write blogs and go to the bank and go to the post office to post letters for your niece who happens to love sending and getting letters and designing publication materials then post them to Facebook...so, okay, you got the idea, right? It never ends. There's always something to do. 

So, back to Saturday night, I was in bed at midnight with a pair of sore feet but strangely, I felt very content. I think by the time I finished my performance with my trio and closed the concert, I knew that I could handle that much. For future reference, I have that much capacity to prepare my kids for concert, practise some piece myself, and organise the concert itself. And with that I know that my life for the next few months will be hectic, but it won't be catastrophic.With a good time management it won't have to be chaotic. 

The good thing is, God made Sundays for me. In fact, I think, Sundays are made for everybody. It's the time where you can lay around in bed not doing anything, or better yet, sleeping, or scrapbooking, or blogging, like I do. One thing I know for sure: never let anything take your Sunday away from you. As Albert Schweizer said, "if your soul has no Sunday, it becomes an orphan."