Monday 16 December 2013

All Kinds of Love

I remembered one love I've lost years ago. It was my first, it was short, but it was real. When it had to end, I didn't understand why and for years I was questioning why it didn't last, but now I understand that it takes more than love to make a relationship work. 

My BFF asked me today if I had forgotten the guy I was in love with. I told him there's never a day passed without my thinking of him. But it doesn't mean that I'm not happy and that I'm gonna keep waiting for him. It's easier to move on once I understand. And I know now that I can be happy with another. I want to be, and I will be. 

Sometimes we think that not living with the ideal makes our life less meaningful. In some cases it's true, but I think when it comes to love, it's true that we accept the love we think we deserve. Any kind of love. When we're open, there are so much love in this world to make us happy that we really shouldn't worry if we'll live a lonely and sad life without one particular love. We just have to keep giving it in order to receive it. 

Keep loving, folks. It'll come back bigger and better.