Tuesday 18 February 2014

To the Owner of All Hearts

Dear God,

This is strange.



I've never felt like this before towards a person. It's overwhelming, but I'm grateful as well. I never knew that I could love someone this much, someone who isn't my family, who only came relatively recently to my life. And the love isn't romantic, although I feel all the impulses to hug, to touch, and to be near this person all the time. This is so much greater and honestly I never thought this is possible between a man and a woman. I've got a large portion of male bestfriends, and I thought there will only be two ways of going beyond friendship: either you become romantically involved and then the friendship is over or you stay friends forever where romance is never an issue. But this is different. This is new, and truth be told, I don't know what to do with it. Yet. I'm processing, and approaching this carefully, but I'm enjoying all the sensations and emotions that come with it.

Having this experience definitely brought me closer to You. I realize how little control I have over the state of my own heart. It's true that you can't choose the one you love. I realize that You own me completely, every inch of body and my soul. And thus this prayer: 

Please protect him. Whatever he choses for himself, please keep him safe and sound, please keep him happy and healthy. 

Thank You again for giving me this feeling. It's so precious. In a way it's a privilege, because I know not everyone gets to have this.