Monday 20 June 2011

A Little Comforting Thought

I will start touring tomorrow. Compared to the tour I've done before, this is the one I am most unexcited about. Too bad. Of all the tough things I must deal, sometimes the consolation is being with the artists, exchanging ideas and thoughts and learning about themselves and their lives, while they get a glimpse of my life. 

One thing I most enjoy about this profession is the relationship I have with the artists. With almost all of them, I go from manager to friend, and it's always so much easier to work with friends. You can be more transparent, understanding, accommodating, and we can help each other to our best. But there are certain people with whom such nature can be hard to develop, and then managing them isn't so much fun anymore. 

But as hard as it is, as difficult as they can be, I have to stick to my work ethic, first and foremost. At the moment I'm scared, so scared, that things would not go as well as I've planned, but the show must go on. Things have already been so complicated, and although I know that things are going to be fine in the end, I really, really wish that I can at least enjoy the process of getting to the end.  

Right now I'm trying to empty my mind, let go of all my fears, and take one thing at a time. One comforting thought I read today is that you don't have to be afraid if you're strong. It's when you're weak that you have to worry.

I know I'm strong, so I shall prevail.