Friday 11 January 2013

Illusion



This is the story of my friend. 

She sat in front of me, defending herself, saying how those good friends of her betray her. A few days before, the same good friends she was talking about told their side of story to me, saying how badly she treated them (and everybody) and with a sigh concluded, "that's why she doesn't have any close friend."

As she poured her misery, I was thinking. Life is an ocean of illusion. What we think about things or  people are not always the truth or the fact, and what we perceive as mutual consent may not be mutual at all. Same goes to friendship. My friend would be devastated if the friends she assumed were her best never thought of her the same way. 

That's why it's good to train our instinct to recognize what is real. When we see it, we must hang on to it, and never take it for granted.