Thursday 17 October 2013

Entourage

bestclipartblog.com


I am lucky. I have many good friends who I love and love me, and they are always there for me whenever I need them. Some are good  at giving advice on jobs and career, and some teach me a lot about relationship, and few of them seem to know everything and I can seek their wisdom on every occassion, come rain or shine. Sometimes I talked to people I just knew and mentioned them as my best friends and then people would always end up asking, "so, how many best friends do you have, really?"

My entourage isn't exactly big. For the past few years I've been keeping the same best friends whom I know I can trust with my own life. They don't turn my alarm on since the first time I met them. I do have a strong sense about people and over the years I have relied on it very much when I make initial assesment on people. It may sound judgemental, but I learned that whenever I distrust this instinct, I always end up in trouble. I am naturally not very trusting, thanks to my upbringing, so I actually don't try to expand this circle. 

But in that circle there are two people, two very special people who knows more than the rest and I don't call them my besties. They're my soulmates. We were born to be friends, we're  not made to be. They are not people I know since I was a little, but since I knew them, it feels like I knew them forever. One thing I know for sure, when you have friends like these, you will always have enough love to give to other people, no matter how hurt you've been. And there's not a single day since I met them that I'm not grateful for their presence in my life.