Saturday 12 October 2013

Keine Halbe Sache



How do you things by half? One thing I learned and remembered well from my professor in Berlin is "never do things by half." She almost always said these words in every lesson that it was well planted in my brain and became an ethos. 

But at times one must try to do things by half, it seems. My BFF, who knows almost all my romantic escapades, always admired my intensity whenever I'm in the mood for love. However, after my last misadventure, she told me, "maybe this time you should not hope too much."

But really, how do you half-hope? I can't imagine doing it. For me, there's either one way or the other. Either you hope, or you don't. You love, or you don't. I know that feelings vary; we tend to feel something more towards some people and less towards the rests. Naturally. But when it's something so strong, how do you do half a measure? 

It's a skill I have to learn, apparently. It will come handy, hopefully. If I keep continuing like this, I might end up not believing in anything anymore.