Thursday 3 December 2009

Waiting for the Boys...

I had a great time touring with Doric String Quartet on their first visit to Indonesia last year (such a shame we couldn't do it again this year!). Alex, Jonny, Mark and John met at ProCorda when they're at their fifteens and has since concertizing around the world and won some competitions. It's very interesting to see how the group works and how each personality adds colours to their vibrant music making. Last December I sadly heard about Mark who is leaving the quartet, but they found a new (and very good, as John told me) viola player called Simon Tandree (whom John thought I would love because he'd spent some time in Berlin). The boys should be on their way to Jakarta now and I'm so excited to see them again, especially to know how engagements affect their life!

(Imported old blog, originally written on February 7, 2008)