Friday 4 December 2009

A Wish List

This is probably my first non-musical blog but I thought that the issue is quite relevant to every human being so I just write.

Recently my best friend and I fell into "The Secret" craze. Anyone of you who hasn't read the book or viewed the movie should really do it like...NOW. For a true romanticist like I am, this movie has really inspired me to go through life with a positive point of view and in every possible way. For a skeptic, I think it might help to nullify that skepticism by adding more affirmative portions to the negative polars.

Anyway, I saw the movie because there's less nonsense and with pictures and sounds, everything is just more interesting and convincing.

So, what I like about it is that the film shows me that realising my dream is really not that hard. Basically, what you have to do are (1) make a wish or a wish list; (2) be thankful for what you already have; (3) visualize having the things you want; and (4) live everyday life with an attitude of gratitude and be in alignment with what you wish for (meaning: you can't just sit around and do nothing if your dream is to have loads of money).

I was quite surprised actually that when I make a list of things that I want and things that I'm grateful for, the second was seriously longer than the first, and I didn't even write it in detail. (Like, one of the items in my gratification list is 'my best friends' and I didn't even write the name of the 3 of them in separate numbers). And even though there are hundreds of things in this world that I could ask for, I don't need all of them so I just ask for things that would make me most content. (E.g. I could've asked for a lamborghini, but I guess if I will spend my life in Europe, say in London or Berlin, I think I will survive just fine with tubes or S-bahn). At the end I came to aware that there's really nothing in this life I lead that I cannot be ungrateful for, nor there's nothing I haven't got that I should shed my tears for.

I felt that afterward my emotional life has really changed. I woke up every single day feeling happy and blessed. I have enough, I've done what I had to do to get here. I do need more things, and I want more things, but I'm not lacking. 

(Imported old blog, originally written on March 2, 2008)